At IPM Association Services, we know lifestyle communities and how to operate complex amenity packages regardless of location. Whether coordinating customer service responses, planning a community day festival, managing landscape operations or overseeing utility delivery services, every detail must echo and enhance your community’s unique lifestyle. We also value relationships with quality service providers who will understand your community’s unique needs.
We seek out local area vendors, including attorneys, for partner relationships who believe your confidence must be earned through their steady performance. Legal representation is important and sometimes needed. We act as your liaison for legal services. By working with multiple law firms, we ensure that whatever form of assistance is needed, you are covered.
Some of the items attorneys can assist the Association with:
- Governing document drafting and review
- Collection of delinquent assessments
- General counseling
- Covenant enforcement actions and injunctive relief
- Real estate matters, easements and title work
- Developer transition negotiations
- Advising on fiscal matters and budgeting
IPM works closely with many attorneys and firms, including Van Winkle Law Firm, Erin Dunnuck, Ward & Smith, and McCabe Trotter, & Beverly, just to name a few. Ryan McCabe of McCabe Trotter, & Beverly is a well-respected attorney, licensed in both North and South Carolina, who visits IPM’s Arden office twice a month, offering free legal counsel to our Associations. In addition to assisting with legal work, IPM’s services include the following:
- HOA Document Analysis – In our analysis of governing HOA documents, we provide advice and recommendations concerning your compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Cutting edge and proven Web-based operating systems, phone technology and communication systems provide an efficient operating system designed to assist your community’s leadership and membership at every point of contact.
IPM’s web based operating system can be customized to meet your community needs and offers the following options:
- Maintenance Requests management – homeowners, managers and vendors always in the communication loop
- Broadcast messaging – communicate instantly via email or by US mail
- Vendor bid shopping and request creation
- Violation tracking – completely automated
- Document retention – online and word searchable
- Unit File – central location for all homeowner information
- Management report – ensuring contracted performance
- Community website
Contact us today to discuss how IPM Association Services can assist your community.